RESULTS OF THE 6th ADVANCED ARCHITECTURE CONTEST
Organized by the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia and the Fab Lab Barcelona.
310 proposals from 106 countries were evaluated through the internet from January to March 2016 by the following Jury Members of the 6th ADVANCED ARCHITECTURE CONTEST:
- Ali Basbous, Founder and Director of BAD, Built by Associative Data.
- Areti Markopoulou, Architect. IaaC R&D Director.
- Carlos Gomez, Interaction Designer, IaaC faculty on Design with Nature Masters.
- Dave Pigram, Design Director at supermanoeuvre, Sydney [UTS].
- Enric Ruiz Geli, Principal Cloud9 Architects (Spain).
- Ivan Blasi, Fundación Mies Van der Rohe.
- Jan Knippers, Founder of Knippers Helbig Advanced Engineering.
- Jelle Feringa, CTO at Odico formwork robotics, co-founder of EZCT Architecture & Design Research, open source developer.
- Kengo Kuma, Kengo Kuma and Associates.
- Lucas Cappelli, Architect. Director of the Advanced Architecture Contest.
- Luis E. Fraguada, Director of Research of BAD, Barcelona
- Mireia Luzárraga, Head Architect of elBulliFoundation in Cloud9.
- Mitchell Joachim, TERREFORM ONE, NYU.
- Oscar Tomico, Designing Quality in Interaction Research Group, TU/e.
- Rodrigo Rubio, Architect. Iaac Faculty, IAAC. Spain.
- Silvia Brandi, Architect. IaaC Academic Coordinator.
- Tomas Diez, Director FabLab Barcelona.
- Vicente Guallart, Founder & Principal | Guallart Architects.
- Willy Muller, Architect. Intelligent Cities Research Studio Professor, IaaC.
Each juror has selected a first, second, and third prize. The jury voted on a total of 20 proposals.
The jury has decided to award the following contestants:
The first prize has been awarded to the project FOOD WASTE designed by Irene Ayala (Spain).
The second prize is for the project RE-URBAN NAGAR designed by Gloria Benito Aranzana (Spain).
The third prize is for the project PRODUCTIVE SKYLINE designed by Totaro Sylvain and Bru Aurelien (France).
The jury has agreed to give 4 honourable mentions to the following proposals:
- ARCADIA III of goats and men - Siokis Dimitrios, Nikolaos Xenos and Kyriaki Goti (Greece).
- TRAINSPOTTING - Abou Samra Osama and Elie Oliver Aude (Syrian Arab Republic).
- AMPHIBIOUS ARCHITECTURE - Arnold Yok Fai Wong (Hong Kong).
- LAND SHAPER - Monika Woniak (Poland).
The jury would like to thank the effort carried out by all contestants, and encourages the development of ideas which transform cities into more efficient and stimulating environments for the human life.